- There are people who actually enjoy asking others for money
- Fundraisers WANT to help people help others
- There is an art form to fundraising
- Prospect researchers remember EVERYTHING about donors
- Apparently, the most successful solicitations are long, story-based letters sent in the mail… who knew?
- Non-profits are desperately trying to figure out young donors
- Every donor communication needs to have an ask
- Scholarships, research, etc.… all the great work non-profits do for communities doesn’t just happen out of thin air. There are teams of people working hard everyday to help people achieve their goals
- There are major debates about seemingly minor word choices in solicitations
- Who needs Christmas when December 31 is the best fundraising day of all year!
- Fundraisers really really like what they do!
Written by Kimberly Elworthy
Kimberly is a communications specialist, and recently worked in fundraising and alumni relations for 18 months. She is currently on the Board of Directors for the Grand River Film Festival. (Click here for more).