“The thank-you letter is the most important piece of communication a donor receives.”
– Dr. Adrian Sargeant
I am going to repeat that: You want donor loyalty? You want to retain donors? You want a successful fundraising program? Then your thank you letter better be the best it can be.
How did you do? Comment below and share your score.
If you need a tune up – why not check out these great resources:
- Think Thanks
- Does Your Organization’s Thank You Letter Suck?
- Donor-Centered Thank You Letters: Your First Step to the Next Gift
- Giving thanks: How an exceptional thank you is critical for retaining your donors
- 5 Steps to Superb Handwritten Thank You Notes
- Free Download – Basic Thank You Letter Template
- The 10 essentials of an ideal thank you letter
- How to write a better thank-you letter
Make sure to check out the next #DonorLove Webinar: 5 years of #DonorLove – Do you want to learn how loving donors led to a 143% growth in fundraising Revenue? Then join Jen Love for this webinar that will dive into a real-life #DonorLove case study showing you how loving donors not only feels great – it works! Sign up today!
Written by Rory Green
Rory is a Senior Development Officer by day, and FundraiserGrrl by night. As a major gifts fundraiser, she connects donors with an opportunity to invest in a better future. FundraiserGrrrl is a blog about her cheeky observations about life in fundraising.
Connect with Rory via: